Monday, October 5, 2009

38 Weeks 1 Day: The Day Before Andre's Birthday

Scan (Baby was ~3.2 kg)
I just started the 1st day of my maternity leave with big plans to rest before the arrival of the baby. In my mind, i thought i'll have 1-2 weeks of me time to catch up on parenting books, trying out a new cookie recipe, and completing my nesting instincts (Some parts of the house is still not cleaned to my perfection).

Who knows, a routine visit to Dr Chee in the morning determined that Baby's arrival will be the next day. I was not mentally prepared at all and tried to protest (actually told the Dr that i cannot make it cos I have an appointment for the microwave to be repaired the next day... DUH!) Anyway, got myself composed and did some last minute preparations.

Here's 2 pictures taken the night before delivery

Last night with a big belly

39-1/2 inches belly