Saturday, May 1, 2010

6 Months: 2nd Day in Nanjing. Labor Day.

No pictures for today. But trust me! More will come later, I’ll explain why in time to come.

It’s a sat, I think the cool weather is affecting my milk supply. Was in a panic mode because I don’t have that stash in the freezer to back up on. So I was pumping like mad, like 5-6 times a day, to collect whatever milk I could. Was downing milk and oatmeal like nobody’s business.

After lunch, we decided to venture to the 金润发 supermart to stock up on Andre’s diapers. It is about 15 minutes walk from 奶奶's house. Pampers was cheap, only RMB95 (S$0.20) each piece. And when we returned home, we found the quality very good. It is very thin and light and it contained pee very well.

Anyway, that was not the highlight of the supermarket adventure. I realized that my son has fans. WHOA! I felt like 星妈。 Everywhere I walked, people actually followed us, ooh-ing and ah-ing how cute Andre is. *Blush*. The Chinese really have warm hospitality. It’ll kill a tao Singaporean to show their affection so openly. Sigh, Singaporeans are just so clammed up when it comes to these kind of things. As we pushed the pram, people actually walked with us, asking how old the child is, complimenting 可爱可爱, 大眼睛。And they followed us all the way to the cashier. And mind you, it’s not just one, it’s many unknown passersby. I would have liked to bask more in the limelight if not that we need to rush home by 3pm (Daddy has to pick 姨奶奶 from the train station). What an experience for me… *glowing in pride*

Well, that was a very fruitful trip. Oh, one more thing as well. I managed to procure 宫心计 (TVB’s mega blockbuster last year with good comments from Orlando) for ahem *cough* *cough* RMB10 (S$2). All 33 episodes! Hehe, looks like busy days ahead for me.

That night, 姨奶奶 (奶奶's younger sister) arrived from Suzhou. Ah, one more person to give Andre lotsa lotsa love and hugs. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment