Thursday, September 17, 2009

35 Weeks 4 Days: 8-1/2 month check up

Dr Chee is starting to see me once every 3 weeks. Sigh, i've been failing majority of the glucose tests no matter how hard i try to control my diet. Baby is slightly on the big side. He is estimated to be about 2.8 kg. Gained 800g over 3 weeks. She says that if baby is big, there is a chance that i may have to induce earlier. After all 37th weeks onwards is considered full-term, in the interest of the child, we'll try not to keep baby in the sugary environment for too long and also bigger babies are harder/riskier to deliver for a 1st time mum.

The analogy: If the durian is ripe, then we can pluck, no need to wait until the durian drop. In my case, my gynae's rational is, if I continue keeping baby till the 40th week, baby will only get bigger (riskier for a natural delivery), and he will be exposed to the "sugary" environment longer. Not very advisable.

I like this scan. Can see baby's profile fairly clearly. Can see baby nicely snuggled in mummy's tummy.

Anyway, gong gong and po po nick-named my baby as 小牛。 Today, i called home and told them 小牛 become 大牛 liao.

No comments:

Post a Comment