Friday, June 4, 2010

7 Months: I'm a Philips Avent Fan

I really love their products, maybe because they are so interchangeable and reliable. Not to mention well designed as well. Let's see what i have:

1. Avent feeding bottles, 125 ml, 260 ml and 330 ml (though the 330 has become white elephants.. who on earth will feed their baby 11 ounces of milk at one go? Haiz, the folly of a new mother)
2. Avent teats. Using no. 3 currently
3. Avent steam sterililser. Good deal, bought it at $120 at the Phillips carnival. The usual price is $180. Very well used.
4. Avent bottle warmer. This is from my sis Jenny, since Janelle's era. Janelle is 10 years old this year. If i have number 2, i will surely go buy the IQ warmer, that only heats up the milk in less than 2 minutes and it keeps it warm at the ideal set temperature.
5. Pacifiers. Used from the 0-3 months, 3-6 months and currently using the 6-18 months.
6. Magic sippy cup. Not much use for this as Andre chokes on it the first time. Maybe its time for him to try again. But currently Andre is using the pigeon Mag mag cup.
7. Avent manual hand pump. I'll rate it 5 stars, no doubt. Since the first day i started pumping, it is my breast friend. ( i know it sounds corny). But thanks to it, Andre gets 5 feeds a day from his 4th month onwards. Yes, it is very tiring to hand pump, but the amount i can get from this is far more than my Ameda dual electric <-- i use these on days when i feel really tired and lazy. 8. Avent breast milk transport bag. The one where many of my colleagues think is my handbag, but it contains my milk stash instead. This is given to my by Adel. Although the zipper's spoilt, i think it has already outserve its cost.
9. My latest acquisition: The Avent blender for purees. Cute petite little set. Just nice for my petite little kitchen. Its $65, bought from the motherhood fair. And it does a mean job of pureefying Andre's food. Less than a split second, Andre's lunch is all ready. Easy to wash as well. Initially, i wanted to get the 2 in 1 (steam and blend $160), but decided it is not worth it, as it may only be 2 more months before baby takes chunkier food. Meanwhile, i'm eyeing to make some lovely avocado milk shakes for myself.

Hey shouldn't Philips start doing a reward program for their fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment